Sunday, May 30, 2010

Knock Knock, Who's There?

My 22 month old daughter got to have friends over yesterday. I took them outside and they played in a small pool and a sand box. There were mud pies everywhere. Afterwards, we hosed them off and the other children went home. I took my daughter inside, and asked my husband to watch her while I picked up the chairs. When I came back in, my husband met me at the child gate to talk to me. When I looked behind him and asked where our daughter was, he said she must have went back to her bedroom. So we started walking in that direction, still discussing the afternoon events. Then to "My Daily Surprise", when I walked by the front door our daugther was standing on the wrong side of the glass storm door smiling and knocking. It took me a second to process what was going on, and I had to do a double take. Then it sunk in, and I was like "Oh my God!" Of course it goes without saying, I completely blamed my husband for not making sure the door latched when he shut it. He swears he didn't go out the door, but he's a man; we all know he did. She couldn't have been out there for more than 30 seconds or so, but it was a big deal to me (we can all think about the possible ways this could have ended badly). So I took the opportunity to tell my daughter why she can never go outside without mommy. I can only hope she understands. I'm sure you can guess how the rest of our day went. Definitely not to my husbands daily surprise, he suffered my angry wrath throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment